Monday, July 16, 2012

Today gets 2 thumbs up.

So you're going to be amazed at what I'm going to say about today...

   Babysitting was actually my favorite part of the day. Weird. I know. But I can assure you, it didn't start off like that.

    I had Trevor and Tanner today. Trevor is my Mon-Wed. regular, and Tanner I occasionally get called to Nanny for. They were bouncing off the walls when they got dropped off with me, it was chaos.

     We went through all of Trevor's toys, though they decided they didn't want to play with any of them. (They were every where) The decided to play Connect 4 and watch Spongebob. Then they had some cereal and toast (They really enjoy breakfast food). Later, we played basketball. The ball kept hitting the water in the gutter, causing the bottom of my pants to be mud splattered. (It's highly attractive. I think I'm going to start a new trend) Tanner left early so Trevor and I were left to pick up the toy box chaos.

 However, that's when it became my favorite part of the day.
   Trevor has picked up my little "thumbs up" quirk that I often find myself doing. I asked him how he was and he gave me a thumbs up and started cleaning up again. It was cute! I then began asking him about all the different toys as we put them away. He then found a little frog, the ones you push down on and they jump forward, and gave it to me. Again, it was cute! His mom got home soon after. We talked a bit and just before I left, she gave me cupcakes!

  I'm one happy babysitter!!

  So now I'm home, about to eat a cupcake. (I'm taking the Frog off of it of course)

   Tonight is movie night with Adriana, Hannah, Ian, and Aaron! Movie = Social Network. Hannah has yet to see this great film (It's one of my faves) and experience more of Andrew Garfield's great acting skillz, so we're making her watch it tonight.

Word of Wisdom for the night:

If you give a babysitter a cupcake, she'll post about it on her blog. (: