Sunday, July 22, 2012

Down by the bay. (Santa Cruz Recap)

I've been off the radar for a few days now...well sorta. I was on my Kindle and tweeting quite often, but I couldn't blog. I tried, but typing even the simplest sentence on a Kindle is tough.

So the highlights of the trip? There are a quite a few.

First off let me just say, I really missed the ocean. Sand may be annoying, but boy does it feel nice under my toes! (:

Thursday:
   We got to Santa Cruz in the afternoon and went straight to our 1st adventure which happened to be:
THE BEST PART OF THE TRIP.
  Zip-lining. I love Zip-lining. It is really fun. (If you haven't gone, I highly suggest you go). This was my second time going and I'd have to say, it was better only because of our guides. Nick and Scott were hilarious. They made my whole day. They would just crack jokes, sing, be silly with us.. it was great!

  After that, we even saw Nick at Woodstock's when we went out to eat. It was so awkward because we didn't want him to notice us and think we were stalking him or something...


Friday:
   We spent the whole day at the boardwalk riding the rides. It was definitely fun.
For those of you that know the Carousel Ring Toss challenge, I can proudly say I tossed the ring into the Clowns mouth TWICE. I'm a freaking PRO.

   For those who don't know...You grab these small rings as you ride the carousel around and you have to try to toss the ring into the Clown's mouth. You're moving and your target is small. It's difficult. BUT I DID IT!!


   I also got high fived by a little kid for wearing tie dye, made my day. Also that night, walking around the boardwalk..actually dancing around the boardwalk...wearing my Amazing Spiderman sweater...barefoot. GREAT. (:

Saturday:
  Shopping and Beach.
We walked around downtown for a few hours then walked down to the beach near the Boardwalk. It was crowded but we just hung around till people left. The water was FREEZING, but taking a nap in the sun felt wonderful. Once there was room, we played Frisbee for a good half hour. It got pretty intense. We chased some seagulls too. I dislike seagulls. A LOT.

We also played Minigolf that night...My mom got a free game because she made a hole in one at the 18th hole. I almost did too but it bounced out of the hole just as it was about to roll in! I swear...it's rigged.

Sunday:
  Lazer tag (LOVE) and more shopping then homeward bound. I found some cool earrings at an antique shop in a dollar bin! SCORE.

_______________________________________________________________

    So now I'm home. Uploading pictures. I'll be posting them on facebook soon so you can check them out once I add them :)

And if you got the reference from the Down by the Bay title.... just for your information...

  All the cool kids carry watermelons. It's this new hipster thing that people do at the beach at the boardwalk...Oh hipsters. (: