Monday, August 20, 2012

To Infinity & Beyond (College Countdown: Final )

This morning, as I recover from my last minute packing needs and a late night dutch run....
...I get ready to leave...


(Yes, that is a not-so-hot coco and muffin top. Yes, I like my kids drinks. Why? Because it doesn't burn my tongue AND it comes with a cool straw... Dougie made it for me, it was yummy! I'm going to miss him!)


I'm headed to the partially, great unknown.
College.
Utah.
Brigham Young University.
For a good 3 and 1/2 months.

Today.

Here we, well I, go.
I'm sure I'll make new friends.
I have 5 roommates. (Suitemates)
But I'm leaving everyone else behind.
(Except for Parker and Tarron. Those poor boys have to put up with me in college too!!)

What can I say? I've been preparing for this moment for a very long time.
I'm nervous. I'm sad. I'm excited. I'm anxious. I'm proud.
I'm a freaking emotional mess.

I've got my favorite pillow to hold tight as I drive off to my new home.
Over the river and through the woods.
Well actually through the ugly Nevada Dessert...

I'm a legal adult now. Being 18 and all.
I'm moving out, growing up.
Going and moving on to be all adult-like.

But I'm still a little girl.
A little girl with big plans for her future.
I've been handed this wonderful opportunity.
Let's see what I do with it.

The adventure starts now.

First stop: Reno and of course, Lake Tahoe, to see the Cabin all redone.
Utah bound Tuesday morning.
Gosh...

It's really happening now. The clock has run out. No more countdown.

Bye, California. I'll miss you.