Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Little help from my friends (C.C. Day 14)

Sometimes all you need is your friends to pick you up when your down.

Now that I have less than a week till I leave it's all been hitting me pretty hard. Saying goodbyes to friends and family who I love. Trying to remember it's just for a few months. Trying to think of rainbows and puppies so I don't cry. Yeah. Difficult.

Tears have been shed twice already this week.

I know I'm not alone though. Maybe not everyone is sad about leaving or nervous about starting a new chapter, but other people are distraught about people who are leaving them.

My last blog couldn't have been more depressing. But between people telling me they have to same fears or coming just to spend time with me, I've been feeling better about my departure.

(I shall not use a name but...) One friend sent me a message on Facebook that made me cry. She told me that she was feeling the same way but that I needed to "Chin up." I told her she had to do the same as part of a deal, and that I didn't care if she wanted me to or not, but I was going to stay close with her to make sure she's was doing well...and eating her veggies (:

Then Parker called unexpectedly on Sunday. We talked about lots of random stuff and of course how we are going up to BYU, but it was really nice just to talk on the phone. (Even though my stupid phone was being butthead, and kept dropping the call!) Just a simple conversation helped to make me be a bit more positive about moving up there. It really helped cheer me up (:

Then yesterday, it was so nice just to hang out with Amber before she left. It was the last time I was going to see her before I left for school. We didn't do much, but just sitting and talking was great. And of course going on an adventure with her and her brother, Brett, was fun and quite interesting, too. I'm going to miss her, and her sarcasm, very much.

Last night Adriana came over. It was great to see her after a week away. She gave me the cutest mug and "Worry dolls." (The Mayan dolls are there to listen to your worries and then they help take them away) Something so perfect for me because I'm the most worrisome, biggest worry-wart, worrier, stress case (call me what you want) in the freaking universe. My best friend knows me all too well.

Then Robert called. He came over and we talked for a couple hours. It was so great to see him and just sit and talk about everything and anything. We've been friends for years so it was good that we got to catch up for a bit.

What can I say? I have wonderful friends. I love them so much. I'm going to miss them all. I know I'm going to meet some great new people at BYU, but no one can replace the friends I've made growing up. The only reason I will come back to Woodland is because of them and of course my family. (: