Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Timothy the Termite.

Three days into college and I've already done 3 labs. LOVE IT.

I played with termites today in Bio! My group was given 8 termites to test. We had to try to find out why termites follow a ring of ball point ink. Turns out they like the smell of the ink because it smells like a chemical they use to communicate.So they just follow the circle around and around and around. It was super cool!

I was privileged enough to have the termites on my desk some of the time. (I was in the middle of the whole group, there for not privileged but by default they ended up on my desk...) We did all of our tests but lost one termite at the end....We picked up everything and turned the other 7 termites in. And one of my group members looks done and is like, I found him! Some how my group member saw the termite on the carpet and picked him up. He then proceeded to call him "Timothy" and brought him up to the front of the class to be turned in. Why the name Timothy? I don't know. But it was funny!

Chem was not so fun. However, I got a B on my quiz!! I only missed one question out of 5! (Well there were only 4 questions but we get 2 points for attending the lecture... so 8/10!)

I hung out with Tarron for lunch. We went to the creamery and got Purple Stuff! (yummmmmm) and then back to his dorm for sandwiches. I met all of his roommates. They probably think I'm obnoxious... Oh well. It was quite fun.

Religion was okay. I took a quiz in that class too and I believe I got another B. I was trying so hard not to fall asleep though.

Now I'm back in the dorm, just hanging out. Watched some Pretty Little Liars and now I'm trying to work on my Writing 150 essay. I have to explain why I think Napoleon Dynamite is a bad movie (it didn't have to be that movie, I just picked it because I really don't like it). Then I have 4 Chem probs to do. Annnnd a meeting with my Family Home Evening group at 7 to plan our Sunday Lesson. Then at 8 I've got a little pre-game party with some friends!

First football game tomorrow! Go Cougars!! (: