Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dot Dot Dot...

So I must fill you all in on last night's adventures. We had Family Home Evening. We met a bunch of the guys form our ward. It was fun!

However, afterwards I spent about 2 hours working on my Chem homework. Not so much fun. And in the process I put my hair up into a very attractive bun on the very top of my head. (For those who have seen me with my long hair, know how highly attractive this hair do is) I also put on my nerd glasses...Just to make me look smarter while I attempted to understand the concept questions in my chem book.

Then Kamden happened to call my name and I rushed out to the lobby to find 4 very handsome guys, 1 of which I knew already, there. And yes... I walked out in all my nerdy-attractive-hair-do-glory...It was awkward... But great.

But anyways, today has been interesting.

I had writing at 8 this morning. Definitely starting to rethink that decision. Waking up was difficult. I fell asleep thinking about atoms and molecules and woke up thinking about how I still have to think about atoms and molecules today. I still have six sections of Chem to read and 18 problems to do by Thursday. Plus a safety lab...But every time I go to check to see if the lab is open...it's closed. I can't win.

But writing was great. We introduced ourselves and our preferred super power. I chose invisibility. I figure that if I could be invisible, I could disappear and maybe eliminate some of my awkward moments...My professor seems really great. She's super fun. That'll be nice because I know I'm going to have trouble staying awake during that class. I ended up knowing almost everyone in the class. They were all in my Y group. I didn't have to worry about not having anyone to sit next to for once!

After writing though I have an hour before my Chem recitation. I was awkward and just sat in the hall next to the room. The recitation is just a small section of my lecture hall. Which will be nice when it comes to having trouble with my homework!

I made a new friend, Rachelle! We went and got lunch at the CougarEat and eat outside on some rocks. She is in both my chem and bio classes/labs! We went to our Bio lab together where we burnt different foods to find their caloric content. I burnt my fingers on the stupid tweezers. Leave it to me to injure myself.

Then my Preview of Medicine class at 6. I was surrounded by guys. RMs. There were hardly any girls in the class! I don't know if I want to work in the medical field but I also don't want to be married in the next year! The class is going to be an easy pass, but definitely hard to find friends in.

But yes. Today has been looooong and tiring. I had my first gross college meal. I attempted to make rice... I made it just like my parents told me to, but I screwed it up some how. I'll probably be having a PB&J later...