Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Positive Polly

The last few days have been tough. I've had a ton of homework and stuff to do.

Monday was the worst. Definitely did not enjoy Monday.
Tuesday. It was good. Surprisingly for it being my long day.
Today, today was better.

So I went to Writing on Tuesday. I didn't want to be there. I really didn't. About fifteen minutes in though, FIRE ALARM. Boom. Day = made. Fifteen minutes of class wasted as they evacuated the building. Got back into class with maybe fifteen, twenty minutes left. Did really talk about much and then my professor let us out 5 minutes early. AWESOME.

I went to Chem. Nothing exciting there. However, my TA showed us that we can run our hands over these holes in the concrete walls and it makes like a suction cup POP sound. It's super nifty. Definitely, didn't pass my quiz because the answer was an "exception" to the rule of Chemistry. Yeah. FYI. Everything is a freaking exception to a rule. Riddle me this...Why have rules if there are exceptions? Yeah. I don't know either.

I watched the Devotional. It was a big help. It was on "Being Positive in a Negative World." If you know me, you're probably thinking...Jensen...Negative?? No!! She's always smiling. Well I hate to break your little world, but I have been having trouble with trying to get through all this work. (I am feeling much better now though thanks to my lovely friends and roommates). So I am being positive again :)

Biology came next and it was the Fruit Fly lab! It was similar to the Lab we did in AP Bio so I just finished the homework super fast and got out of the lab an hour early. It felt so nice!! Seeing as I had extra time, I ran back to the dorm and took a quick nap. It felt so nice!

4-6, I went to a Chem review. Nate and I had trouble staying awake during it but I definitely got some good info out of it. Afterwards, I went back to my dorm. Kam and I went over to the creamery (I now have milk!!), we delivered cookies to our Visiting Teachies, got rushed out of the building for a fire alarm and hung out with Josh for a bit. (Kam made really bomb cookies by the way. I ate way tooooo many)

We also went and delivered cookies to friends around Heritage Halls. I played my uke around the parking lot. I don't know why I grabbed it on the way out the door. We visited with Kalin, Jake, Blake and Josh for a bit. They are all so fun.

I then took a walk to the Temple with Parker, Ray and their friend Nea. It was so nice to get to see the Temple and take an hour just to settle down and clear my mind. It was wonderful!

When I got back though, I worked on my Book of Mormon essay and called it a night at 11:30. Early!!

Today has just been good. I've been in a great mood :) Plus, Kam...Kam is just awesome. She fell back in her chair this morning and spilled her yogurt all over the floor. It was so funny. What does she say after she falls? "Take a picture!" Oh I did. And now all of our funny pictures have been posted on FB..well some of them (:

But yeah, class has been good today. I'm done but I have two review sessions today. Bio from 4-6, then Chem from 6-8. My brain is going to be fried. And I'm going to be starving. But that's okay. It's going to help me study for my exam!

Just gotta stay positive, right? (: