Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Weekend of Greatness

Friday night Game Night was quite the success. Some of our guy friends from our ward came over, we made some 7 layer bean dip and cut up a water melon and played catch phrase! Plus Kalin and Bryce played my uke a bit. It was great fun! We're lucky to have such great guys in our ward.

Saturday morning we made a two hour drive to the Brigham City temple Open House. It was quite the drive. Utah is so pretty though! It was really nice to leave the campus for the day, and for the first time in like 3 weeks.

The Temple was gorgeous, and it was just a beautiful day on top of it. Everyone kept saying it was small but in my opinion it was huge. Compared to the Sacramento Temple, it was big. It was a lot of fun to walk through all the rooms. They were all so nicely decorated and constructed. Oh it was great!!



After though, we had to wait for about 30 minutes for our bus. I came prepared and had my Rubik's Cube to mess with, (And some snacks!). I completed my cube a few times. Other guys, Eric and Adam, knew how to do it as well and we were trying to teach Kalin.

Eventually the bus did get there and we went and picked up our box lunches. Then during the 2 hour drive Lauren and I fell asleep. (School buses are not ideal for naps.) We woke up hot and even more tired. We arrived back at campus by 4. The trip was about 6 hours. I was hungry and tired!

I got to talk to my daddy on the phone once I got back though. And I got a letter from my lovely Nana. She sent me a magnet that says "If it walks out of the refrigerator...Let it go!" My roommates and I all love it. So far, none of our food has grown legs...yet.

I made pasta with garlic sauteed zucchini. Yes, it was as yummy as it sounds. Tarron came over and enjoyed it with me. But first we cooked up some cucumber that he bought at the farmer's market. I found a recipe for Crisp Sauteed Cucumbers with Lemon. Cucumbers covered in flour, crisped in oil and then sauteed with lemon zest and lemon slices. I'd have to say, the recipe was pretty awesome. A bit messy though. Tarron decided he wanted to wear one of our aprons. He chose the one that has lady bugs on it!


Then we went and watched the game in his apartment building because New Heritage has big activity rooms with flat screens. (I'm way jealous). BYU almost almost almost came close to matching Utah's 24. But we came up short, 21-24.

It was the most intense end of a game ever though. If there was any way to lose, that was the way to do it. (Sounds bad I know, but I mean we could have not fought and just looked silly but it was a good way to end it) We had 4 seconds on the clock, and made an amazing pass but came up short. However, because we were supposed to have 5 seconds (they didn't stop the clock when they were supposed to), they added on more second so we could make one more play to try to score. In that one more second we didn't make it very far, but because the Ute fans stormed the field a little too early, they got a 15 yard penalty putting us just in the right vicinity to try to make a field goal to tie it. But that kick was just centimeters off and it hit the goal post and bounced out. (If that isn't correct I'm sorry. I was trying to explain what was going on to my FHE guys and Tarron while trying to pay attention to the game at the same time! )

GOSH. It was so crazy in that room. Funny thing is that the game ended right at 11:59pm on Saturday. If it would have gone into overtime, we would have had to stop anyways. BYU doesn't play on Sundays :) hahaha It was great! (Plus if we would have gone into overtime, the girls would have had to watch the game through the window because of visiting hours!)

After the game, I walked around with my FHE guys Steven and Axel. They acquired some cookies from some girls and we tried to find one of the other FHE boys, but we had no luck! Axel walked me back to the dorm but we ended up just talking in front of my building till 2...Oops? We were both a little delirious and tired but that just made the conversation more enjoyable!

Today we had Regional Conference (It's been decided that I have the attention span of a three year old. I can't sit still for too long without fidgeting.) And now I've been memorizing the Periodic Table. I've got 40 down so far! :) Later our FHE boys are making us dinner. Twice baked potatoes! Yumm right? Can't wait!

It's been a wonderful weekend! :)