Monday, September 3, 2012

Best Days

This weekend has been great!

Saturday night Kam and I were bored after delivering cupcakes all day so we sang out the window to the other apartments, danced in the rain then went and threw bark at our FHE boys' window. They ended up inviting us over to watch Finding Nemo and Rootbeer floats. Then we all just talked and quoted movies, it got a little crazy...and of course awkward. Kam and I called it a night at about 1am.

Sunday was surprisingly eventful as well.
At church, our FHE group had to teach Sunday School. It was pretty well for being organized an hour before! I could hardly pay attention during Sacrament Meeting and Relief Society though. Some girl started talking about how she got ridiculously homesick and other people were talking about their families. And as an end result...I was very homesick.

The girls and I all made a ton of comfort food to break the fast. We made raspberry lemonade and mashed potatoes as a whole group. By myself, I made a Pork Chop (Only meat that didn't cost a ton of money at the Creamery!) and shells & cheese. Perfect meal for a little homesick girl.

I ended up going over the Parker's dorm after dinner. He comforted me, his ridiculously homesick friend. We looked at pictures, baked cookies for his Ward, listened to music and watched Grimm. It definitely made me feel better.

I left Parker's and went to back to my dorm for Ward Prayer. After that I actually talked to Parker's mom, Tami. (Parker told her I was homesick!) She's the sweetest lady ever, it was nice to talk to her for a bit. Plus I got to talk to my own mama for a while. We talked about all my adventures and my homesickness. She's sending me stuff in the mail! I'm ridiculously excited! I love getting snail mail! I really miss my family, Marley included!!

Then Parker, Ray, Nathan, some of the boys' FHE girls, Emily and I went Tunnel Singing! Tunnel Singing: Located in the Tunnel near the Marriott Center, students of BYU sing hymns on Sunday nights and the sound and spirit are so powerful. It was such a wonderful experience! If you are really curious...look up a video on Youtube! "BYU tunnel singing"

Then after Tunnel Singing we walked to the temple again and looked at the stars. It was another beautiful night in Provo.

So today: Parker and I tried to go play tennis...courts were closed...I was very disappointed. I came back, made myself some french toast, cleaned the apartment a bit and now I'm working on homework. I've got a lot to do. I've been working on my online Chem problems for about 4 hours now. And I still have a Bio lab paper AND 20 problems in my Chem text book. (I HATE CHEM.)

Wish me luck this week. Not only is it my first week with actual school work but most of my roommates are catching a cold...I've had the same cough for about a month now so let's hope I don't catch whatever they've got, on top of my cough, and that they get better soon! I love my girls too much to see them sick! :(

P.S. If there are errors, I apologize. I'm usually good about proofreading but I'm getting lazier because I have so much to type and I don't want to have to read through it all again... (: