Monday, October 22, 2012

Step on ALL the Leaves

I sort of stole my blog title from a friend on Facebook, but that is seriously how I feel.
I LOVE FALL. Campus is so pretty. The only reason I liked Woodland was because of the Fall weather but Provo...Provo has Woodland beat. The trees, the mountains, the sky. Reds, Oranges, Browns, Yellows. It's beautiful. It's so wonderful walking through campus, stepping on the leaves and feeling the satisfying crunch underneath my foot. Ahh! I love it! (:

So this weekend was pretty grand :)

Friday:
I went to adaptive aquatics. I had a disabled girl that gave me a bit of a challenge but I still had a smile on my face when I left the program. Something about working with these kids is just so rewarding, I love it!

I then went to take my Chem test. I did fairly well. I'm still waiting to see what I got on it. I went back to study for my Bio test. But before that, I picked up my two care packages! And to s
One was from my Aunt Angela, Uncle Steve and Taylor! It was great. Everything in it had to go along with the letters in October. Oreos, Chapstick, Trick or Treat (Candy), Orbit gum, Basket, Energy Bars, Rainy Day($). It was so creative!

The other was from Jordan! He's so sweet. He sent me a ton of apple cider, medicine for my cold, a Spiderman blanket (You could imagine my excitement) and a bunch of other little goodies.

I am loved. I definitely get more care packages than any other student here at BYU. I am such a lucky girl!

After studying (cramming) for 3 hours, I went to take my Bio test. I got an 84% on the multiple choice!!!! That is the first scantron test I've taken and actually passed! I beat the testing center! It isn't so intimidating anymore. I can actually do this! (:

You could imagine the smile on my face after all those activities, but then it continued. Lauren, Marcie, Kam and I went to the DI (A church thrift store). We met up with Kalin, Josh and Blake. We all went searching for ridiculous clothing and Halloween costumes. It was quite the adventure. I ended up snagging a trendy Halloween vest with cats all over it. I'm going to wear it to the Halloween dance on Friday, I'm going as a cat lady... The boys snagged a $35 couch for their apartment so they would have more seating for the football game parties in their dorm. There were surprises underneath the cushions!

Seeing as the boys walked, the couch ended up being transported back to the apartments in Lauren's truck. The boys took a while to walk back so we lounged in the back of the truck, on the couch, eating popcorn and rocking out to my uke playing. (I've started making my own songs up on the fly...they are quite interesting)

We spent the rest of the night with the boys. We went over and watched the Woman in Black (which scared the heck out of us) and then having a dance party of sorts out in the parking lot. It was quite the Friday night.

Saturday:
We were up early to hike the ward. I just about died. I rolled out of bed right at 9 (the time we were supposed to be leaving) so I was tired, my cold was acting up, and I was not used to the altitude, but I did it! Lauren and I were at the back of the pack together, pushing through our pain but we did it! It was totally worth it.

The rest of Saturday was relaxing. Took a nap. Watched the game. Learned three songs on the uke. However, we did make a trip to Walmart. We got some food. Trolled the clearance rack for some good finds. And got some other great things (:

Then we just had a roommate night. It was quite fun!

Sunday:
Nothing special. Church. Nap. Dinner. Homework. Sleep.

Today has been good. I'm very tired because I couldn't fall asleep. I've got quite a bit of homework but everything is going smoothly so it should work out pretty well and maybe I can catch up some sleep? (Doubt it but I can always hope!)

I'm going to try to start blogging every day again. It's been pretty tough but I'm sure I can do it! (: