Monday, October 29, 2012

I love Fall (PG)

Fall.
The leaves are brown, red, yellow and orange.
The sunset is blue, purple, pink and orange.
Pumpkins are orange.
But one of my favorite things about October has to be the World Series.
The best part about the World Series this year?
The Giants were in it, swept the series for a WIN!

Yeah. I couldn't be happier!!
You may be from California if your newsfeed on Facebook is filled with statuses about the Giants.
You may be from NorCal if your SoCal friends hate your guts right now because the Dodgers didn't make it to the World Series (: Oh well!

It's terrible though. No one in Utah is interested in Baseball because they only have a Triple A team, The Bees. I caused and scene in my Book of Mormon class today when my friend, who's a Dodger's Fan, told me to sarcastically go away because I was sporting my Buster Posey shirt! Everyone in the class was staring at us like we were total freaks, talking about some foreign sport....

Yeah. It was a little awkward.

But anyways. This weekend was a complete dud.
The dance was not as fun as I had hoped. It was lame. I got all dressed up for nothing. I was frustrated.

Saturday, I didn't do much at all. We didn't end up renting a puppy. Kam, Jake, Kalin and I went to play tennis for a while. I was not playing that well, but it was fun. Josh, ended up meeting us down there. We played for about 3 hours then they all came over and I made them dinner.

On Sunday, we (all 6 roommates) went over to Marcie's house in Lehi for dinner! It was so yummy. We got to jump on her Trampoline, and play scattagories.
The whole way over to her house though I was glued to the window like a puppy. I love the homes in Utah. They are so adorable!

So yeah, disappointed in my weekend. Definitely was looking forward to having some fun, but oh well.

Today was okay. I've got quite a bit of homework to get done so I can get ahead of schedule in order for my week.

The best part of today consisted of my Bio lecture. We had a guest professor come and talk to us about Reproduction and Genetic Variation. He used words like "Bro," "Dude," "Man." He was just on a roll. He kept making jokes about all the concepts.

These jokes are PG. Seeing as they are all talking about reproduction.


If you don't want to get ripped off, you gotta use your noodle. 
(Talking about choosing a mate)

The male is the one that picks the female because he cares, she just goes bowling or something.
(Talking about how the guy is the "choosier" mate, or more invested)

When you hook up, you're looking to make some mutants.
(Talking about how a child's DNA can be mutated from something different then its parents)

You gotta shuffle the deck a bit to get some variation.
(Talking about Genetic Variation)

Girls, why hook up with some dumb guy? Why give up just half your genome? Just clone yourself.
(
Talking about how girls are smarter, so they should just reproduce asexually)

Girls, GIANT egg. Males, tiny sperm. Girls, GREATLY invested. Guys, hardly invested.
(Being "invested" in offspring, the caring for them)

That is not even all the jokes, those are the more appropriate ones. He had great lines all of class. My friend and I couldn't stop laughing. She has a bunch more of the jokes written in her notes as well. Oh I hope he teaches class again on Wednesday!

Anyways, I hope you found humor in my Biology jokes. You probably didn't...Oh well.
I'm off to get frustrated at my Chemistry homework, as always.