Monday, October 8, 2012

All Smiles (:

What a weekend. I probably got a total of....12 hours of sleep this whole weekend, between Friday to Sunday night?

I don't regret it at all though :)

Friday afternoon was busy. I cleaned, did laundry, went to the Creamery with Tarron. I went to my Service Project for the first time!! My goodness it was amazing. Playing with the kids was so wonderful. They all have some sort of disability but they are all so adorable and sweet. My kid this week was named Caleb. We played with the giant parachute, threw balls on it so they would fly back up and then we'd do it over and over again. Then this other volunteer, Josh, joined me and we continued to play with Caleb when he decided I was a monster. So Josh put Caleb on his shoulders and I chased them around as if I was a scary monster. Then we colored and taught Caleb how to write some numbers on the clocks we drew. He also drew a great picture of me, as a monster. I loved it (:

Later I ended up buying a router and setting up WiFi for our apartment! It's so nice! Our Router's name is Kim Possible for reasons that unfortunately you guys do not get to hear about :)

I went to the game that night with Kam. We had trouble finding my seat. You'd think they'd put signs up to direct you to the upper portals to the stadium seats but they don't! We went up and sat with Tarron and his roommates and watched the game. It was a bit boring, but Kam and I did enjoy ourselves because we got foam spirit sticks as we were walking around trying to find our seats. They were FREEEEE (Yay for College and Free Stuff!) We left at halftime though because it was freezing.

We ran home and made some hot chocolate and invited Jaron over. Kam ended up falling asleep but Jaron and I talked for a bit. I think I scared him a bit though because I had way too much energy and was practically bouncing off the walls. Thankfully he doesn't think I'm too weird though!

Later that night, I ended up meeting up with Jordan. It was so nice to finally get to see him! We talked for quite sometime until we about froze at about...3am? Yeah. It was really wonderful to just to talk to him in person instead of on the phone or Skype!

Saturday morning, he came over to watch conference with me. Karina made us chocolate chip pancakes! (All of our roommates were gone this weekend! It was a quiet in 217 which was so weird!) Jordan and I walked over to his Mission friend's apartment and watched the afternoon session with them. Then came back and he helped me with my Book of Mormon essay on Isaiah. I'm so grateful that Jordan's knowledge of the gospel and his willingness to help me my assignments. His understand of the scripture readings for that class has helped a lot. I don't know what I'd do without him!

While Jordan was at Priesthood session, I took a nap and played my uke. He and his mission friend, Reilly, came by afterwards to pick me up and we went to get dinner at Subway. We walked back to their apartment and all hung out for a while. Then the three of us decided to go see Spiderman at the dollar theater  (I love Spiderman...and Andrew Garfield♥). After the movie we went back to their apartment and hung out for a bit longer then Jordan walked me home.

Once we got back to my apartment, we again talked till like 3am. He is a talker and I am a listener so it just works out very well. Though, he wasn't the only one talking; I could talk to him for hours. We talk about everything!

Sunday, the same routine. He came over in the morning to watch conference here and then we went back to the apartment he was staying at. After that, we came back to my apartment so I could work on my homework. All my roommates eventually came back which was so nice because it wasn't so quiet with just Karina, Jordan and I. We all hung out for a bit, Tarron came by. Jordan played his guitar and I played my uke for a bit. It was very nice :)

Reilly came by and we were going to get a group to walk to the temple, but that fell through...So we ended up watching funny videos on Youtube for a couple of hours till Tunnel Singing! I made them come to tunnel singing with me. They said they enjoyed it, but I'm still not sure if they did. I loved it of course because it is just my favorite thing about Sundays!

After we went back over to their Apartment to hear their friend play some fun song on his guitar. Oh my goodness, their friend...he was a character! His songs were very original, it was fun!
Then Jordan walked me home. And again we stayed out talking, till 2am...

Yes. It was a school night. But my homework was done. I even got a 100% on my Chem quiz today. And I only fell asleep during Book of Mormon because everyone else was asleep as well.

It was a wonderful weekend. It made up for the awful one last week. I couldn't stop smiling. Jordan left today at noon. I got to go over and say goodbye before he left. I'm going to miss him!

After class today, I came home and took a 2 hour nap. It was so nice. Kam was home when I woke up and we had a incredible, deep talk. I'm so lucky to have such an amazing roommate that I get along with so well. I love her to death!

We all went to the Indexing Party for Family Home Evening. It was fun! We got Pizza! I missed Pizza. I hadn't had pizza in so long. Seems like a silly thing to miss, but pasta and sandwiches get old after a while. But now I'm here, typing my blog. Listening to Spotify,

Aubrey, my visiting teacher, actually just brought me a little treat and we talked for a bit. She's the sweetest! I'm so blessed to have the Relief Society President as my visiting teacher!

I need to do my Chem homework. Yes, I know it's late. But Chemistry is hard and I looked at my homework and it makes no sense. I'm going to the tutorial lab to get help with it tomorrow before class again. So I'm not a total procrastinator.

I can't say it enough, this weekend was wonderful. And today was just as great. I'm so blessed. I can't stop smiling. Really. I am happy (:

The only thing that could make me any happier would be if Chemistry made more sense!! Oh, and if it was a little warmer! This chilly Utah weather is kicking my butt. Our heater didn't work all weekend and just this afternoon did it start to work!!!! I still need to get another blanket though.

Anyways, yeah. Let's hope my smile keeps this week and the Utah weather doesn't freeze me (: