Friday, October 26, 2012

Let's Dance?

So yesterday and today have been pretty grand.

It snowed yesterday! It wasn't as bad as I thought. I sort of liked it, even though I was freezing my butt off! It didn't stay for very long. It snowed in the morning, afternoon and that night. Kam and I ran outside that night without shoes (not the smartest but we had just painted our nails) and danced in it! It was so great (:

Since Learning Suite and the Library Search Engine were down, I wasn't able to do my homework. I found I was able to be productive by doing my nails. My left hand = candy corn. My right hand = pumpkins. My toes = black with red glitter. I went a little crazy, but what else is new? (:

My Giants won yet AGAIN! I love my boys. Don't even try to call me a band-wagoner. I promise you I've been watching the games since I was a baby, with my dad, on the couch. BEAT THAT. I've even got a Posey shirt so HAH. Nice try.

I went to Gym Kids (the program where I get to play with kids that have disabilities) yesterday and today. Yesterday, I had two little girls that hardly left my side. Except for when they wanted to play tag. We ran around and around that gym. One of them kept diving underneath the parachute just as they were waving it down so I couldn't go under! I don't know how she did it, but her timing was spot on!

Today, I had a little girl that just wanted to walk around the gym. We'd walk and walk, then stop, she'd have me read her book to her, she'd point at the pictures, get all excited when there was the lady bug page, then we'd walk around some more. However, then she saw that other kids were being pulled around on the Parachute like a sled....20 minutes later my arms were sore from pulling not only her, but three other kids on the parachute. Other volunteers helped but it was quite the job! Totally rewarding though (:

I got home from classes today at noon. I just hung out for a bit, watched Modern Family, ended up falling asleep (I haven't been sleeping well at night) and then woke up to make banana muffins from scratch! They are cooling right now; hopefully they turned out yummy!

Later tonight there is a Stake Halloween dance. The theme is Super Heros and Zombies...But I'm going as a Cat Lady...Yeah I know. Why not Spiderman or Peter Pan (Two costumes I've wanted to be for quite some time)? Because I found this sweet Halloween vest with Cats on it and a bunch of other Halloween symbols and I'm gonna wear my nerd glasses, crazy fun make-up and my bright teal pants. Just for fun (:

I'm really looking forward to that. Look for pictures soon (:
I'm off to try my muffins and make some dinner.
Maybe play my uke?
Happy Friday! :D