Saturday, November 10, 2012

Let it Snow

Holy Cow.
It snowed. Not like a ton, but it stuck this time! It's so much fun. It's cold. I keep saying that snow would be better if it wasn't so cold. But it's still pretty awesome.

\

I was glued to our window after classes. Kam caught my excitement on camera. I just couldn't believe it. The last time I had seen snow actually fall and stick around was when I was 14 at Christmas when we stayed up at our Cabin in Lake Tahoe for a few weeks.

So I think I've made up my mind. I love snow. Playing in it, (I need my snow pants and gloves though), walking around at night in it, just enjoying it. HOWEVER, trying to get to class in it...not so fun. My shoes were soaked. I've been wearing my actual snow boots, my vans and Uggs are NOT cutting it. No more Toms or Flip Flops for me. I've gone into full 5 layer mode. 2 Sweaters, an undershirt, t shirt, then a scarf and long thick socks (so my boots stay on my feet). Then when I have extra time, my knit headband and gloves. I wear my hair up, bangs pulled back (mostly because I desperately need a haircut and I'm scared to have anyone but Jennifer cut it) and I go out in the snow and brave it! It's great!

I have yet to fall! I've slipped quite a few times but maintained my balance enough to stay on my feet. Let's hope I keep this up because the last thing I need to do is injure myself.

The last few days have been really great though. Oh and I got my first letter from Jordan! You could say I was excited (:

Last night I went to Divine Comedy with Adam. The show was so awesome and of course hilarious. I love Divine Comedy, it was fun to finally see them live (not just on Youtube). Then we went back to his apartment and played Super Smash Bros. with his roommates. I actually WON once. Let me tell you, I'm awful at this game but I actually beat Dallin (The reigning champion of their apartment). I was very proud of myself. After that, we went out and played in the snow. It was great!

Today, I went on a photo scavenger hunt with Dave. We were competing against a bunch of other couples. We came up short with the points but it was totally fun!
Since then, I've been cleaning my room. I washed my blankets and sheets, went through my closet and desk and organized. I'm going to work on some homework here in a bit (I've unfortunately got quite a bit to do). Later tonight we're going to Marcie and Natalie's grandmother's house for dinner before the football game then we'll go freeze our butts off at the game! I'm excited. It's been a few great days. Busy as ever but good (:

So yeah, I'm doing great! Just need to get through this week and then I've got Thanksgiving break to look forward to! I'm so excited. I'll be that much closer to finals (Unfortunately) and Christmas Break. I can't wait to go home and see my family and friends! (:

 I still need to figure out home I'm getting home though...
Oh and this is a random video I found. Sorta awkward. "Say hi to your family" as I'm eating my Ramen.... Just thought it would be fun to post. Thanks Jackson for your random recordings! (: