Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ghettoblaster

It's been quite a rough week. A very long week.

Sunday, I spent all day working on my Biology Research Paper on how PKR enzymes affect Alzeheimer's and other neurological diseases relating to memory loss. A very interesting topic, but the big words after reading about 10 research journals and articles just about killed me. Since it was just a pregrade rough draft, I didn't work that hard on it, but it took a ton of effort because I had to be all scientific and precise....Turns out I could have put less effort into it because my TA replied to my email saying I didn't have to make any changes except for a few grammar issues. GAAAAAAH. I spent probably....10 hours on that stupid thing. At least I know I'll be earning an A on it.

Monday: I had the ward talent show. If you haven't see my performance....here it is. Cool thing is, the woman that sings this song originally (April Smith) saw my tweet about doing a cover of her song and she's now following me on Twitter! I felt like a rockstar (:
But after this long 2 hour talent show, I spent another....5 hours on my Writing Essay on how social media affects individuals during Presidential Campaigns. (Probably the worst topic I could pick after an election) Yeah. Two late nights in two days....it was terrible.

Tuesday: Terrible. I had no motivation. I was in a bad mood. I was tired. I ended up taking a walk in the freezing cold that night to my favorite spot on campus (Well one of two), the clock tower, and just sitting there like a loner, but enjoying the fresh air. It was a rough day for me.

Wednesday: The beginning of my sassy pants streak. Since then, I have been in a total mood. Well actually not really. I was just being normal for all those who know me from home. I was just showing everyone how sarcastic and quick witted I can be. My real personality is starting to show...I don't know why it decided to show up all the sudden...It may because I'm getting a little impatient with everything that is going on...I need a vacation...

But I did get the idea to randomly build a tower of cardboard boxes with Kam. Don't ask. Really. I was bored. It looked like fun. 18 boxes later and we've got this baby....

Then after, I skyped Adriana for a good chunk of time. I miss my best friend quite a lot. I can't wait to get back to Woodland just to see her and of course the rest of my friends. It was good to talk to her for so long.

Thursday: Cleaning Checks are terrible. I hate them. We passed. But I had to clean the floor. Our floor is gross no matter how hard you try to clean it. You can't win. 

Though I did get to talk to Abbie and Adriana, and Gladys for a bit that night on Skype. That was fun. Plus some boys from our Ward made us dinner. It was yummy! They are totally fun guys too.

Friday: Only one class:. Chemistry. (Writing was cancelled) In which my friends and I took funny pictures of ourselves, with fake mustaches made of our hair, the whole time...I know, not smart but lecture was just so boring.

 No more Gym Kids for the rest of the semester because it ended last week. (Can't wait for it to start up again next semester!) I came home, after treating myself to Jamba, and made muffins. Not just any Muffins but Jordan's recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Muffins. Yeah they were as good as they sound. I made about 30 of them and took them to friends' apartments.

I got to go visit some friends I haven't seen in a long time, plus Jordan's friends, Reilly, Ryan, Brant and Jono. They are such great guys! It was really nice to visit with them after not seeing them for a while.

Later, I went to bowl and play billiards on a group date. Two things I learned from that date: I am terrible at bowling and I am awful at pool. Seriously. I got the lowest score at bowling and my first shot in pool, the ball shot OFF the table...Yeah. It was bad.

The rest of the night Kam, Lauren and I spent hanging out with Kalin, Jake and Blake. We played a few games, had a jam session with my uke and Kalin's guitar, and played Foosball. It was fun!

Saturday: Girls Day Out. All of us girls from 217 went to Cafe Rio and enjoyed some yummy food. Then Nat had to leave us, but we went to see Breaking Dawn. Jake ended up taking Nat's ticket and joining us girls on our day out. It wasn't a terrible movie. Quite interesting how they changed it up but yeah. Not bad!

Then we went and window shopped and looked at cute stuff and picked out awful clothing and tried to figure out why anyone would wear such terribly tasteless clothing....It was fun!

Now we're all just chilling. I got to talk to my parents, I may (or may not) do some homework, I sorta want to paint my nails and then we might go watch the football game at our friends' apartment later. Still not sure what may happen tonight but that has been my week. It's been long, but things are getting better. I cannot wait for Thanksgiving break. I am SOOOOOOOO excited. Can you tell? It'll be that much closer to Finals then Christmas break and I can GO HOME.

btw. Do you know what a boombox is called in German?
A ghettoblaster....That's what my TA told me on Wednesday. Just randomly. He felt like I need to know that tid bit of information. I thought you would be interested in knowing.