Sunday, December 16, 2012

(Almost) Home for the Holidays

I finished my first semester of college at BYU! Yay!

I passed all of my classes. I'm most especially proud of the fact that I beat Chem 105. I actually survived the class. It is one of the hardest GE courses and I made it through! I complained a lot about it because it was really tough. But I did it!
  
That was the big thing this semester. Finally getting to college and realizing I had to actually try. Try? Study?
WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE? I'd never had to do that before (Except with Calculus B/C. Independent study nearly killed me). But I finished and I couldn't be more proud of myself and all that I have accomplished.

I really enjoyed my first semester at BYU. I love it there. I definitely made the right choice to go there. Sure, I miss all of my friends from home, and I'm far from my family. Though, I've made new friends here (even though most of them are leaving on missions!) I still have all my roommates for another semester at least. And I've got my extended family that I met while I was up here. Plus, Morghan comes down to Provo at least once a month. And my ward family. I love it here!
Though, I am very much ready to come home. I cannot wait to see all my family and friends. Go see people at Pioneer. Go to the Taco Truck. DRIVE! I cannot wait to drive again. I can't wait to go through all the Christmas traditions at home with my family. I just am so excited!

I come home late tomorrow night! Ahhh!

But the weekend here with Natalie and Karina has been fun. Karina left just this morning but the three of us have really enjoyed ourselves!

Friday, we just hung out. Tired from finals we didn't do much of anything but lay around.

Saturday, we all woke up late and were lazy till we went to clean the Church. It was surprisingly fun. We cleaned up then played the piano for a while. We then came home and ate a huge lunch courtesy of her mom. Tuna Melts, peaches and pears, and a milkshake. Oh it was yummy! Then we were lazy again and rested. I layed in my huge guest bed and watched glee! We then got ready and went down to Temple Square to see if we could get tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert.

WE DID. We got to the conference center and walked around. People also desperate for tickets, were holding up signs and calling out into the crowd. Three girls up against a bunch of adults? Yeah, we sadly walked to the cross walk to so we could go stand in the Stand By line in hopes we'd get in. Well we stood there, and a guy came up from behind us and asked "do you ladies have tickets? Here."

Natalie and I's mouths dropped open. We were stunned. Karina was the only one who was able to make any kind of noises of excitement. We thanked the man for being so kind. We couldn't believe it. He came out of no where and BOOM we had tickets. Ladies next to him asked if he had any others, he said nope. Just three.

You could say we were smiling from ear to ear. We jumped around hugging each other. It was so wonderful. As we walked over to our line to go inside the conference center and worker said "You girls look as if you won the lottery." We exclaimed, "WE DID!"

It was really fun. The concert was good. I'm glad we got to go. Afterwards we walked around Temple Square (as well as we could, it was PACKED). Then we made our way to meet Nat's parents to go up to her dad's office. Her dad's office has the best view of the city! It was so awesome to look over Temple Square and the other buildings. Super cool!

We then came home, and left right away. Nat, Karina and I got a midnight snack at Wendy's (I had to since we don't have one in Woodland anymore!) Then we went to Walmart to pick up some last minute things for her Mom.

Then to bed it was.
Today I've got church soon, and then Natalie's family is having a party tonight with their neighbors. It should be a blast.

Then tomorrow we're going to have some other adventures before my flight leaves at 8.

Ahh I'm so happy (: I've been smiling a lot more lately. I think it's because I'm done with Chem, FOREVER! Annnd
I can't wait to see everyone! (: