Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mountains, not Mole Hills.

The last few days have been pretty rough.

Sunday, I was very sick. I played tennis on Saturday night in the cold and my body did not like that one bit. I was achey all day on Sunday and ended up in bed that night with the chills and a 102 fever. Thank goodness for my roommates who came to the rescue. They alerted the whole ward of my sudden sickness, but Marcie got a thermometer and then Lauren, Natalie and her went to get me gatorade and popsicles in hopes that both could help break my fever.

Thankfully, even though I didn't want everyone to know I was sick, Aubrey came by to bring me some saltines and soup. I got a few texts from people in the ward asking about me. Our FHE boys came by to give me a blessing. I felt pretty loved even though I was a hot mess (literally).

Monday, I skipped morning class and slept, and slept and slept. I kept trying to go to class each time, it just wasn't happening. I eventually went to a later lecture for American Heritage at 2, then a Psych review at 3. Took my Psych quiz, got a 100%. Best part of the day.

Later, we had FHE. We celebrated Kam's birthday with our huge family and played Catch Phrase. I ended the night with the chills again. Thankful that Kam took care of me, even though it was her birthday (:

Tuesday, got up and took a shower. So tired and a 101 degree fever put me back into bed. I didn't go to any of my classes. However, I did eventually get moving so I could walk alll the waaay across campus and down the huge hill to sign my first apartment contract. That was pretty exciting. Took forever to read it all through but it's done. I finally don't have to stress about it anymore. I have a place to live!

Then I went to the creamery to pick up "sick" food. Otherwise known as: mac and cheese, cereal, bread for toast, PB&Js, and Grilled Cheeses, soup and chicken nuggets. Easy food that doesn't take a ton of effort.

I spent the rest of the day in bed resting and occasionally falling asleep. Then my 102 fever made a come back and I felt absolutely awful yet again. Thankful that my roommates were there but I have to admit, just because I'm at college that doesn't mean I don't want my parents to be here to take care of me when I'm miserable. So yes, I called my parents crying. Sue me for breaking my adult streak. It sucks not having my family close.

Wednesday,  I'm feeling better. I went to two of my morning classes and I'm going to a late lecture for American Heritage. While i'm feeling better I need to take care of business and do some laundry and homework that I've put off. Thankfully it's a beautiful day so that's definitely helping. But I'm still exhausted.

My favorite sunglasses snapped though. I could have cried. Time to go to Forever 21 and get the most obnoxiously colored pair they have to make up for my loss of my crazy-purple-floral patterned ones. But that is a mole hill.

The rest of these problems are been pretty mountain-y.

And besides being sick, the roughest part of this week would have to be the loss of my Great Grandmother, Berta. She finally got to "go home" like she wanted, after being so confused and ill for quite sometime. It's wonderful to know she's at peace and can be with other lost family members again. Though, I know it's been hard on the rest of my family. I wish I could be with you guys right now. I love you all so much.