Thursday, April 3, 2014

Back to Old Habits

Okay, so my last/first blog in a while was sort of a downer. I had been really debating posting it, and maybe I shouldn't have. But hey. Isn't the internet full of that kind of stuff? Things that no one should have posted, said, written, etc. Why not add my overwhelming feelings into the mix? Heck, it's my blog anyways. I needed it. It may not have made everything better, but it sure did alleviate some of that pain.

Moving forward, I'm back to working too much, sending way too many snap chats, staying out late with friends, having jam sessions with the uke and making slightly poor decisions. Poor decisions meaning going to bed super late, procrastinating homework and spending money on things like Cafe Rio and Concert tickets, because I CAN. I'm going to Red Yeti, a friends band, on Friday. And going to Andy Grammar on April 15th. I'm quite excited for both. As my roommates said, "I'm being 19." If this is 19, it's quite fun.

I'm doing just fine in my classes, relatively speaking. It's sorta been hard to focus, and I may have completely bombed a test because well the circumstances at the time, but hey! C's get degrees? Not the mentality I want to have, but one of my Religion Classes is killing me, and I'm trying my best, but it's not really working out for me. At this point, a C would be fine, but a B- would be great. Two more weeks in the semester, CANNOT WAIT TO BE DONE.

Work is work. I work 20 hours a week, and smell like french fries or pizza all the time but whatever. I'm making $$, kinda sorta, not really. It may cause me a lot of stress, but I really do love my job. The people are great, and the atmosphere is fun. I am really blessed that it worked out as well as it did.

I'm back to going to Gym Kids. It was something that brought me so much joy, and made the bad days much more bearable so it's been very helpful. I've been going on Thursdays, when there aren't as many kids but they are just as fun. I've been making friends there, with the other volunteers. I've also gained a new "boyfriend," one of the kids. His name is C. He's probably about eight and has down syndrome. He likes to pretend like he's in some kind of action movie, he's a great dancer, and likes to pretend like I'm his girlfriend and defend my honor! It's quite fun. Every day I get there and I get a great big hug from C, and he'll kiss my hand at the end of the hour of play. He's just the cutest! I'm slowly remembering how much I really love this career path I've chosen. I was beginning to forget through all the stress.

In trying to cope, I've got all kinds of countdowns going:
2 Days til General Conference and a breakfast party with my coworkers!
16 Days til my Family comes to Visit UT
49 Days til my LA trip to see my BEST FRIEND and Parrtyyy it up.
69 Days til I go home for a week for Colton's graduation!
113 Days til my 20th Birthday!

Gotta have something to look forward to (: Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming...I have keep my head above water, and lose those waterworks. Remind myself why smiling is my favorite (: