Monday, February 18, 2013

Mutual Weirdness

So Jordan came to visit this weekend...
As most of you could tell by my lack of existence on Twitter, posts of Facebook, and lack of appearance near Heritage Halls.
It was a great 5 days. No...It was an amazing 5 days. It was so fun. We just have too much fun together.
He may have came down to train for his summer job but we spent most of the time he was here together, being silly, taking webcam pictures, cooking, watching movies, taking walks back and forth from my apartment to where he was staying (In the FREEZING COLD). It was quite eventful.



Wednesday, he trained most of the day. We hung out for a bit after my classes and homework then went out to dinner with his manager for his summer job. Mimi's Cafe! I finally got to eat a salad. I was in Heaven...until my jaw started to hurt. Then we went grocery shopping. And ended the night with an episode of Psych.

Thursday, or Valentine's Day to some. Jordan ended up coming to my Marriage and Family class before he went to training for the day (I didn't invite him to Geology because that would have been boooring. My professor in M&F is hilarious) It was quite the interesting class to say the least... Later he came over and we made Spaghetti, Caesar Salad and Flaky Rolls! We exchanged gifts. I got Chocolate Covered Pomegranate seeds and a Thermal Teddy Bear! I got him the spiffiest tie ever! (he helped picked it out though...)
I worked on my American Heritage essay as he cleaned the kitchen (he likes cleaning, I didn't just make him do it). Then we baked cookies for s'mores! Yes. S'mores.

We were going to make s'mores at the apartment he was staying at because it had a fireplace buuuuuttt...Jordan and his friend, Jared, started the fire but they didn't open the damper. (LIKE I TOLD THEM TO) Sooo the whole apartment filled with smoke and soon enough all the windows and doors were open as the smoke detectors were screaming "FIRE FIRE" at us. It was quite the adventure. In the process of all that and putting out the fire...Jared burnt himself so we had to go to the grocery store to get burn cream...and purchase like 5 air fresheners for the apartment...everything smelled like smoke.

We did end up making s'mores with the cookies (in substitute as graham crackers) but just cooked the marshmallows on the stove. That had to be the most eventful day of them all.

Friday, Jordan went to Gym Kids with me after class. It was a blast! Then we went to Subway with Reilly and his girlfriend, Courtney. (Subway, a tradition we had to honor) Then we went to the Temple for a couple hours. Came back and got ready to go to Jared's show at The Wall.

It was great! First off, The Wall is equivalent to like a bar or club, but Mormon. Like really. It was actually really cool. Second, Jared is in the band Red Yeti and they are really good. They did a great opening set for the night. It was way fun! The rest of the night Jordan and I spent watching movies and hanging out with the rest of the boys from the apartment when they got home for the night.

Saturday, We went for a walk to the Bell Tower. Went out to Lunch with a couple Jordan knew from his mission. Made Pico De Gallo, Jordan's recipe. (I just about died it was so spicy.) Went out to dinner at J-dawgs with some of his friends from home who live up here. Then hung out with the boys at the apartment the rest of the night. Oh and watched Fox and the Hound!

Sunday, Jordan came to a very interesting day at church with me. We made banana and chocolate chip pancakes for dinner. Jared decided to put cheese and cheetos in his too, just to experiment. Then we watched funny videos on youtube for a few hours. Like most of the night actually. Then watched a movie.

Now today he's back on his way to Washington. Yes, we are Facebook Official now. Yes. There are really stupid pictures of us both (Some cute ones too) on Facebook. And yes, I do miss him. Weirdly enough, I was way more focused on my school work when he was here.... Except for trying to do my American Heritage essay because that was already a really tough battle to begin with.



But yeah, it was the Perfect Weekend. I'm one happy girl (:

Time to get back to reality. School starts tomorrow and I've got two quizzes this week. BLEH.