Thursday, January 17, 2013

Round Two

So I haven't blogged in quite sometime...Sorry.
I've been trying to get back in the rhythm of school and college and living in single degree weather. It's been tough to adjust to but great (:

Yeah. You guys in California are KILLING ME. Stop the whining about your cold weather. It got to -14 last weekend. I've been wearing like 5 layers to class every day just to come into a boiling hot classroom (it's always a thermostat war it seems, no one can agree on a "normal" temperature) to take all my jackets off and then layer back up to walk to my next destination. All the while, trying not to slip and fall on ice and ignore the fact that my ears are probably going to fall off. But guess what, I don't really mind it (: I promise if I can survive this weather, you can live through some abnormally bitter winter days and freezes.

Anyways, I'm done with my rant.

My new classes are going great! I absolutely love all of them. I'm taking American Heritage (Combination of World History, U.S. History, Gov. and Econ.), Psychology, Book of Mormon (The second half of it), Geology and Marriage and Family (Judge me, it's a great class and so much fun!). I was going to take Spanish, but then I decided I should get some more GE credits out of the way and took Geology instead..plus the Geology book is free online and the Spanish package was $225... Easy choice right?

 But really, all my professors are great! I love all the classes and their content (Except Geology...rocks are soooooo boring.) I'm really looking forward to this semester. I've got a lot of reading to do each night, but that beats 40 chemistry problems (: I really need to make friends in my classes though. I don't know anyone!

We've lost a ton of our friends from last semester because of missions. However, that means a ton of new people to make friends with and a ton of new mission calls! It's all really exciting. I've made a ton of new friends within our ward. It's been so much fun getting to know new people all over again!

I seriously love it here. My new classes. New friends. New memories in the making. I'm so happy! I would love snow more if it wasn't so cold, but I enjoy walking in this Winter Wonderland. It's so pretty here (:

Wait for another new blog tomorrow. I'll be updating you on all my escapades from the last week. It's been quite exciting (: