Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Homesick

I came here to say that I'm am terribly homesick. And I don't mean like, "Oh I wanna go home, college is hard. waaah." No, I'm completely self-sufficient thank you. Independence is not a problem. I just miss home. California. Family, Friends, sunshine, ocean, good Mexican food, Dutch Bros., Giants games, Lake Tahoe, drives out on the country back roads blasting my music, the sunsets, THE SUNFLOWER FIELDS. I miss it all so much. (Especially Sunflower Fields, I miss the rows upon rows of those tall beauties)

All I want is to go home, jump in the car and blast my music while driving down the country roads with a stomach full of either food from the taco truck or a home cooked meal with my family, sipping Dutch and cruise towards the sunset until it settles down over the fields. That sounds completely ideal to me right now instead of playing "Utah Weather Roulette."

The last few times I've been home either haven't been long enough, I've had company to entertain or the days have been jammed packed with a time frame to get stuff done and before I knew it I was back on a plane out of there. I want to go home for no reason other than to be home to spend time with the ones I love and to relax. Not have to worry about school, work, running into people everywhere I go, appointments, dating, making plans. I just want to be home to be home!

Weird how I miss Woodland so much when I so desperately wanted to get out of there. I love living here in Utah for school and work, with all my new friends. It really is great, and I'm not trying to convince myself of that, I promise. It's the truth.

I'm just in need of a good visit back to lift my spirits even higher. I haven't been able to find a ride or cheap enough airfare to get home for a weekend now that classes are over and before Fall semester starts. I don't have a car, and haven't been able to find a feasible ride, so I'm stuck in the bubble. Bleh.

I don't think I'll be going home for Thanksgiving. Christmas Break is super short this year so I'll only get two weeks. And then next year, I'll be here all Spring and Summer, finishing up my program before I go into Student Teaching or an Internship (Or even a study aboard HOPEFULLY). I'm going to be graduating college before I know it...AHH.

So yes, there I said it. I would like to go home as soon as possible. I miss it much.

In other news, I have one more final before summer classes are over! I cannot wait for Fall Semester. Tomorrow, I am doing some hardcore prep for it: Buying my books, stocking up on groceries, a cleaning spree of my room, it's going to be good! I have the whole day off tomorrow, besides taking my final, and I'm going to take advantage of that time to get stuff done, plus go play Frolf, Frisbee Golf, with some friends. You have to make time for the fun things in life :)

If you find a magic way to transport me to CA free of charge, let me know! I'm so down for any mode at this rate as long as I get to go home for a bit. Or if anyone wants to just take a road trip, let me know!