Sunday, June 1, 2014

Right Where I Need to Be

So what a crazy last few weeks. Let me just give you all a quick update on my recently insane life!

I went to LA to visit Adriana over Memorial Day weekend. It was a blast. I loved seeing UCLA and meeting her friends. We went to California Adventure which was just the best. We went dancing and shopping which, what kind of a girl's weekend is it if you don't have those two things?! It was just what the doctor ordered for my high stress of a life: A break from the craziness of life here in Provo. It was grand.

This past week was jam packed with things. I played Pool Ball (combination of basketball, and water polo for those whom are really into it) for the first time with my ward at our complex's pool. I got totally sunburnt/tan! I went to Seven Peaks with my Pass of All Passes and that was just great. I learned I really need to get a pair of board shorts if I'm going to ride all those slides! My friends and I also had Panda Panda night, where you eat Panda Express and watch Kung Fu Panda of course. Come on, get with the program y'all ;) I kid.

I walked to the grocery store, bought the entire contents of said store it seemed, walked home and a nice girl helped me carry them to my apartment. Oddly enough, we had met previously to her helping me! I watched an outdoor movie with people from my ward out on the grass of our complex. Up! Forgot how cute that movie is.

And lastly, to top of all the craziness....I GOT A SECOND JOB! I had two job interviews and went with the first offer. I'm now working at a place called Rita's. They do Italian Ice and Custard, and other wonderful, yummy desserts. It is so much fun! My friends showed up on my first day to cheer me on and on my second day, they showed up to tell everyone I deserved a raise. I'm so lucky to have such great, and goofy friends (:

That about sums up all that I've been up to. It's been so tiring but so worth it. My feet hurt 100% of the time, I'm functioning on like 5hrs of sleep most days and naps are my new best friend but it's so great. This last week, I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

My social life may get a little bit skimmed down a bit seeing as I'll be working most evenings now; however, that just means more money that I'm saving and more money that I'm making! Plus, I'm making new friends at my new job. The Rita's girls are so sweet, and not just because they are covered in sugar from all the ice we're all scooping. I'm looking forward to this new adventure.

If I'm going to start this whole new chapter in my life that I was given, might as well just dive head first into all that is crazy, good, late-night, tiring, money-making, sunburning, delicious, and college.

Last night, Alex, Demi and Stallz came into Rita's just as I was about to get off and took me home. Alex's jeep doesn't currently have the top on so we were blasting tunes and dancing all around with the wind in our hair just being crazy. I took a moment, tilted my head back and just looked at the dark sky. And just said to myself  "Wow. Look how drastically your life has changed. But it's okay. You are right where you need to be."

I might still be partially hurting inside, I may have good days and bad days, and I may still have thoughts that I hate having, but I am so blessed. I whine about all the bad things that happen, but I really need to start being more grateful and kill that negative attitude because that's what keeps bringing me down. Those trials I'm still facing, those are just a side effect to being human. They are minuscule in the scheme of life. All that happiness that has doubled in my life, that is what matters. I am blessed. I am lucky. I am loved. I am beautiful. I'm young. I am having fun. I am happy.

I'm right where I need to be. In little old, Provo. AKA The Bubble. (: One day, I will be able to look back and say "Okay, it all makes sense now."


HOMEWARD BOUND IN 10 DAYS (: