Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Joys of Name Tags

My favorite question: "Your name is Jensen?" "Is that your last name?" "Where'd that come from?" "If that's your first name, is your last name Jensen, too?"

Wearing a name tag for both my jobs makes this question a daily occurrence. Customers often take a glance and have to do a double take and proceed to ask about my name. Or some of the guys think they are being smooth pick up on it and use it as an ice breaker. But I really like it when people ask about my name.

It only bothers my when people ask if it's "REALLY MY NAME" because no, it's just my fake name? Of course it is REALLY my name. Or if they ask "Did you put your last name on your name tag?" Because no. Just no. Moving on, I really enjoy it when people notice my name because I've really taken ownership of it because of how unique it is!

So yes, my name is Jensen. It's my first name. It is spelled J-E-N-S-E-N, not Jenson, or Jensin, or Jensun, or even Jensyn. I don't really have a cool story behind my name other than my mom really liked it. I was going to be named Sarah but Sarah and my last name would have sounded like "Sour Kraut" so that wasn't going to happen. Yes, I like my name. I have three last names in my full name if you were curious. I only shorten it when I meet people randomly that I know I'll never see again, or for the Jamba Juice employees because I can't stand getting different spelling variations or the wrong name entirely. I don't think Jensen sounds like Allison but hey, that's cool! As long as I get my Jamba, I'm a happy girl.

Anyways, I felt like this was kind of a fun thing to address just because I get it all the time now, working both my jobs. More so at Rita's because people are so friendly (mostly) when they come in. In case you didn't know, Rita's tag line is: Ice Custard Happiness. And it is just that.

I love my name. It's different, a last name, unique and definitely a conversation starter. I guess I got lucky, I've got a built in ice breaker for conversations! I'm kidding, sorta.

Tomorrow, I go home for Colton's graduation! Can't wait to see my fam and all of my friends. Also, I CANNOT WAIT FOR Dutch and Taco Truck goodness. Oh how I miss California Mexican food, excuse me..,I miss Woo-Town's Mexican Food. It's a breed all its own.

I'm as happy as a clam. Life is beautiful with all its ups, downs and quirks. I love it  (:

New Countdown: 45 days til my BIRTHDAY/No longer a teen!