Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fun Camp: Take 1

Just call me Jessie!
Kidding. Don't call me that. Please don't.
Apparently, Jensen is too difficult to remember for little kids and for older kids, it's just not cool. So I've been named Jessie by one of my fun campers. Though, all the other aides' names got changed thankfully. Air, and Marie (Aaron and Maria) are by my side this week as we chase around 20 little kids, each Fun Camp session, for work. 8-4pm. Ages 4-6, then 7-12. Oh it is just a blast!

Perks: I'm getting paid, it's experience, the kids really aren't that bad, and it's actually fun. Down side: It's pretty hott, and some kids are not so easy to work with. But that's how it's going to be! Funny how many of them have such big attitudes and they are barely 7. Or their personalities are just so entertaining, or they are the sweetest little kids and you just can't help but smile! (The bright spots in the camps!) And those kids that give me a hard time, they really aren't that bad. I mean, like I told Adriana and Aaron, I love kids so I can handle their craziness pretty well. For me to come home and say I had a hard time dealing with a child, that child has to be one bad egg. My kids are good though! I've got 2 more camps this summer, I can't wait (:

The morning camp is Farmer Brown's Junior Farmers! The kids get to handle and learn about the different farm animals at Fairytale town, along with the various other bugs and animals that Jim, the instructor, has hidden in his office. So far it's been bunnies, goats and sheep. I luckily always get the stubborn animals. The rabbit that is so nervous it takes off when it's put on the leash. The sheep that will not walk, it's more interested in the grass. And the goat that doesn't want to move, period. Oh animals! Like the kids, they have some strong personalities!

Then the afternoon camp is Adventure Play which is all about Nature and Science. All I know is that by the end of the day I'm covered in dirt. Not because we did anything really dirty, it just appears on me. The program is pretty neat: using a solar oven to make smores, nature walks, learning about clouds, seeing a rainbow that's in a perfect circle.

Fairytale Town knows how to put on a summer camp for these kids!

Other than work...

The last few weeks have been fun. I've gone to the Farmer's Market in Davis with my mom. We got dinner there then pretty much bought every kind of fruit available for us to purchase. I went thrift shopping and scored a church skirt, 2 shirts (practically brand new) and a good book for $20! 


I hung out with Adriana (finally!). She arrived on Sunday so we went to get our first Dutch Bros of the summer. Then sat and talked to Aaron's mother, Hedy, for two hours until he got home. Yes, I'm actually friends with my friends' moms. They're great (:

This weekend is the NowSplash with Adriana. Only 35 days til Jordan visits. 37 days til my birthday. And about 80 days til I'm back in Utah. Crazy that I've already been home for about two months! Another two to go (:

Hope you all are smiling because Life is Good!
     If not. Here are two cute puppies to curve your lips up a bit (: